Item description Front Feed 4.5L Whipple - 427ci LS Engine for sale in Joliet, IL, Price: $40,900
The NEWEST Borowski Built Whipple supercharged LS is the Front Feed 4.5L. With its 130MM drive-by-wire throttle body and custom made front section, say goodbye to having to fabricate a cold air pipe from the rear of the engine. There is no cleaner way to put a 1,260hp pump gas engine in a vehicle. This engine makes OVER 1,000Ft/Lbs of torque starting at 3,400RPM, carries it over 1,000Ft/Lbs past 6,700RPM and peaks at 1,110Ft/Lbs at 4,000RPm.
- 1,260 peak crank HP & 1,100 lb-ft torque
- Dart SHP Pro LS Next iron block
- Whipple 4.5L LSX Supercharger – 20 psi max boost
- Holley Terminator X-Max EFI & harness kit with tune from dyno
- COMP Cams custom hydraulic roller camshaft
- Callies Magnum center-weighted crankshaft & matching rods
- Custom Diamond pistons
- AFR 12 degree heads with BRE CNC porting
Serpentine Kit includes:
- Power Steering
- Air Conditioning
- 225 amp Alternator
- Water Pump
- ATI Dampener
- Polished finish for Supercharger, Serpentine system and Billet valve covers
- Holley Dominator and/or Holley Digital Dash
- E85 capable (much larger fuel injectors)
- Custom transmissions designed to handle the extreme torque of these engines supplied by Hughes Performance (automatic) or Tremec (manual).
Why a twin-screw, positive-displacement supercharger for street?
OEM manufacturers utilize positive displacement superchargers due to their incredible throttle response and drive-ability of a big cubic inch motor. The twin-screw compressor is by far the best supercharger available today; it’s the only supercharger to provide a positive displacement design for maximum low-end torque as well as high efficiency for maximum top-end horsepower.
- The vacuum bypass valve provides naturally aspirated gas mileage and driveability under cruise or light load conditions with virtually instantaneous boost once you put your foot into it.
- Turbos must spool in order to build boost thereby causing lag
- Roots-type superchargers are not very efficient, especially at higher boost levels.
Why the Whipple 4.5L Supercharger?
- The 4.5 liter supercharger fits under most cowled hoods without modifications.
- Compared to Whipple's smaller 2.9L version, it is able to generate substantially more boost on this engine
What organisations does racingjunk.com support?
racingjunk.com supports sunnysouthraceway.org see how here
Charities description: Billed as The South's Finest, 1/4 Mile, high-banked, asphalt oval, Sunny South Raceway in Grand Bay, AL. easily lives up to that billing. With a smooth racing surface and banking up to 18 degrees, the track lends itself to fast, action-packed racing. Whet
Causes supported by sunnysouthraceway.org
Causes supported by newsmyrnaspeedway.org
racingjunk.com supports jeffgordonchildrensfoundation.org see how here
Charities description: Jeff Gordon Children’s Foundation is a pediatric cancer foundation benefiting families and kids with cancer. We fund children’s cancer research to help find a cure and develop better treatments. Did you know that only 4% of federal cancer research dollars go to pediatric cancer? Learn more about how we’re making an impact.
Causes supported by jeffgordonchildrensfoundation.org
kids with cancer,