Item description Dart LS Next Aluminum - Custom 427ci Short Block, LS3 or LS7 for sale in Joliet, IL, Price: $12,066
BOROWSKI RACE ENGINES, INC. has established its position as the leading builder of Dart LS Next engines by being first in line with pre-production orders, working cooperatively with other top vendors to create custom solutions, building a wide range of extreme engines and maintaining inventory of key components. As a result of our effort, experience and investment, we can now offer world-class LS assemblies and engines on SHORT LEAD TIMES. Our standard LS Next displacement is 427 cubic inches. The blocks we inventory are the Gen 1 Dart LS Next iron, aluminum, aluminum with Darton-MID wet-sleeves and the new skirted iron SHP.
The short-block in this ad features:
- Dart LS Next customized aluminum block (1/2” head bolts, full round outboard sleeves)
- Callies custom 6 inch Ultra rods and Magnum crank
- Diamond custom pistons
This piece is intended as a platform for builds of 1,000 horsepower and more. Besides achieving the desired level of performance, it is built to survive. Everything must be verified – design, raw materials, manufacturing processes, quality control procedures. In this power range, you can’t cut corners without getting bit. When it comes together however, it is a thing of beauty. The LS7 in the video using this short block combines a 4.5L Whipple supercharger, nitrous spray bars and water-methanol injection to produce 1,429 horsepower on race fuel and 1,123 horsepower on pump gas with water-meth spray.
Dart had done its homework on the LS Next block design. It features:
- Premium cast iron alloy Cast in the USA
- Conventional style 4-bolt steel main caps with 7/16” bolts
- Full main webbing for maximum bottom end strength
- Cylinder barrels are extended by .3750” at the bottom
- Extra thick Siamese cylinder bores
- A 5/8” thick full deck design with a 9.240” deck height
- Six head bolts per cylinder
- Head bolts are upgraded to 7/16” for increased strength
- Blind head bolt holes don’t go through into the water jacket
- Provision for oil restrictors in the lifter valley
- Revised low restriction priority main oiling system
- Pro-Stock / Pro-Mod big block style stepped main oil galley
We tuned it further by upgrading from 7/16th” to ½” head bolts. According to ARP, this increases the clamping power by 50%. We also upgraded to half Siamese sleeves on the outboard cylinders to eliminate a small
What organisations does racingjunk.com support?
racingjunk.com supports sunnysouthraceway.org see how here
Charities description: Billed as The South's Finest, 1/4 Mile, high-banked, asphalt oval, Sunny South Raceway in Grand Bay, AL. easily lives up to that billing. With a smooth racing surface and banking up to 18 degrees, the track lends itself to fast, action-packed racing. Whet
Causes supported by sunnysouthraceway.org
Causes supported by newsmyrnaspeedway.org
racingjunk.com supports jeffgordonchildrensfoundation.org see how here
Charities description: Jeff Gordon Children’s Foundation is a pediatric cancer foundation benefiting families and kids with cancer. We fund children’s cancer research to help find a cure and develop better treatments. Did you know that only 4% of federal cancer research dollars go to pediatric cancer? Learn more about how we’re making an impact.
Causes supported by jeffgordonchildrensfoundation.org
kids with cancer